Thursday, 2 December 2010

Proposal and Treatment


“Poppy” is a short drama that follows a young male street-sleeper who has reached an all-time-low. Turning his back on his conventional needs he turns his attention to a beautiful, high-end call girl named Poppy. The more he obsesses about her, the more risks he is willing to take to spend just one night alone with her. He begs, he steals. He goes to any length to get the right amount of money. When he finally gets to her, the object of his desires take a turn for the worst, resulting in tragic consequences. The film is going to follow a theme of obsession, addiction and desperation. The target audience will be 18+ due to the nature of the film.

This is going to be aimed at an audience of 18+ due to the dark subject matter. The general theme of the film is going to be along the lines of Danny Boyle’s "Trainspotting" and Darren Aronofsky’s “Requiem for a Dream”. In terms of the aesthetics of the film, I want it to have quite low lighting to capture the grittiness of being on the streets. I would also like to use montages of extreme close-up, quick shots that are used in movies like ‘Requiem for a Dream’ to show certain aspects of life on the streets in a chaotic fashion.



This is not going to have any dialogue and I am going to try and tell the story through the images alone. With there being no dialogue I would like to over exaggerate natural sounds and perhaps have music to accompany the film, to build up tension. I will be looking to film in and around Bath and maybe in Bristol because I feel that Bristol has the ability to look grittier than Bath.

Philip Wall, to play the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment