Thursday, 12 May 2011

On my search for the perfect soundtrack I came across a band fronted by an old friend of mine, Kattie Rosser. 'Petite Debauche' blend folky acoustic rock with painfully beautiful lyrics creating an air of satisfying discomfort. A theme that, I feel, bodes well with the tragic yet passionate story of "Poppy".


I listened to their music online and really liked what I heard. In particular the track "Arch of a Sole" Containing the following apt lyrics:

"Fables Gasp
In Velvet Throes
Fables Gasp
I Can Hear Everything Now".

I feel that music in film is incredibly important and the lyrics of a song can really amplify the story you're trying to tell. I feel that I will always be passionate in sourcing the perfect music, lyrically and also regarding genre. I like having the ability to use music and film hand-in hand, which when I conversed with Kattie, she agreed. Happy to lend the songs, she invited me to their up-coming launch gig at the Studio Bar in Penzance as a 4-piece outfit. She suggested that I could listen to the music and write down particular songs I would like to use. As they were going to be doing recordings over the next couple of weeks she said that they could prioritise getting those particular tracks done.

I am really pleased with how this is all panning out and I love being able to use local, unsigned bands as I feel that the medium of film is a great way to get a bands name out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment